VETMEDIN is easy to administer for improved client compliance
Supplied in 4 sizes
- These dosing options will:
- Help you ensure accurate dosing
- Encourage ongoing compliance
- Give owners choices that are both effective and cost-effective
Palatable chewable tablets
- Half-scored for easy, accurate dosing
- Highly palatable for dogs
- In a US Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) palatability study, 90% (18 of 20) dogs voluntarily consumed greater than 70% of the tablets offered.1,2
- Including 2 dogs that consumed only 4% and 7% of the tablets offered, the average voluntary consumption was 84.2%.1,2
- Supplied in 50-count bottles
Easy to administer
VETMEDIN should be administered orally at a total daily dose of 0.23 mg/lb (0.5 mg/kg) of body weight using a suitable combination of whole or half tablets. The total daily dose should be divided into two portions that are not necessarily equal, and the portions should be given approximately 12 hours apart (ie, morning and evening). The tablets are scored, and the calculated daily dosage should be provided to the nearest half-tablet increment.
The examples given in the dosage chart do not necessarily depict the only way to provide the correct dose. Other combinations of whole and half tablets may also be appropriate.
Important safety information
VETMEDIN should not be given in case of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, aortic stenosis, or any other clinical condition where an augmentation of cardiac output is inappropriate for functional or anatomical reasons.
The safety of VETMEDIN has not been established in dogs with:
- Asymptomatic heart disease
- Heart failure caused by etiologies other than atrioventricular valvular insufficiency or dilated cardiomyopathy
- Dogs younger than 6 months of age
- Dogs with congenital heart defects
- Dogs with diabetes mellitus or other serious metabolic diseases
- Dogs used for breeding or pregnant or lactating bitches
* All doses provided as tablets.